Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Livin' La Vida Loca

We've been having some dang good times lately! Our first house guests, the Przybyla family, stayed with us a few weeks ago. (Craig, Laura, and little Elizabeth) Laura was one of Andrea's roommates at BYU. We had a blast reminiscing about the good ol' days! ahhh...good times. (yes, Eddie and I are still wearing our pajamas in the picture)

This weekend we took a little jaunt down to Virginia/Maryland to visit Eddie's family and also to attend Eddie's cousin Scott's wedding. The wedding took place on the banks of the Potomac River where it meets the Chesapeake Bay on a little island in Maryland. It was quite charming! We had a great time!

We were a little bit nervous about the bride getting her dress all wet - there were big waves splashing water onto the platform that they were standing on. Phew! Well, I guess if she was worried about it, she probably wouldn't have been married there. Go figure.

Eddie and Brother-in-law Chris waiting for the ceremony to start. Check out the sailboat in the background. Later that night the wind got really strong and brought the sailboat down...almost on the both of us!

This was supposed to be one of those romantic twilight beach pictures but I guess we waited until it was too dark to take the picture. Oh well...you get the picture.

So basically we had a blast in Virginia. We also went shopping at the huge outlet mall and brought home a few goodies. I love outlets...they're just so guilt-free and amazingly cheap! We need to do some exploring around here to scope out the outlets, we've heard rumors that they exist.

So, here's where we come to the part where I want to know if there is anything you would like to see aka hear about on the blog. I've realized that it's kinda a travel log so far so if anyone has any grand ideas on how we can spice it up a little bit...we'd love to hear them! Thanks!

(Andrea wrote this - in case you were wondering)

3 comments:

Claire said...

Well personally I would love to hear any stories about your experiences with the 12,874 roommates you've lived with (Andrea). Also about Eddie's amazing guitar talents (saw it in the apartment picture). Past humorous stories are always good. Oh, and how about your fascination with China? Or crazy things that happened at your Library job? Also I have a list almost 5 pages long of blog ideas that I can share if you like.

It was cool to see a pic of Laura and Craig and their baby (!), tell them hi from me. I recall going on a group date up to Temple Square one night with them. Crazy that Eddie's cousin got married over the ocean!

There's my 2 cents. Hope you guys are well. Oh and Andrea I know you were still in your pjs but you sure look cute in that first picture with the Przybylas. Must be that newlywed glow.

Kent said...

Where are all the pictures of the crabs??!!!

Anonymous said...

No kidding E wrote it. It's not as easy to imagine Eddie saying "guilt-free and amazingly cheap" about outlet stores.

I have two great ideas for the E&E blog. First I'd like to say I liked the post about a baby. Let's have more posts about babies ;) Next I think Andrea should start posting recipes. Could you please start with the one for "Elk Steak 2000," then your popcorn recipe, and fluffy and so on.