So...as most of you know, I am a HUGE Broadway fan! I love listening to and discovering new Broadway shows. Granted, some of them are better than others. But...I have just discovered the new Tarzan musical that came out this year! I love it! I think I've listened to it a total of 20 or 30 times in the 2 weeks that I've had it checked out from the library. So I'm going to ask you one small favor - just go to this page and click on "listen to Cast Album" to hear a sample of the music and then let me know your thoughts about it. I realize not everyone digs musicals but for those of you who are willing to give it a chance, leave a comment and let me know how you liked it. I promise I won't be offended if it's not your favorite. My absolute favorite is still WICKED so no worries. If it helps, Eddie even likes it and he's definitely not "IN TO" musicals.
9 comments:
I am still wondering where all the pictures of the crabs are!!!!!!!
Sounds pretty good. I've always liked the music from that movie. Its kind of cool to hear it Broadway style. So, when will your next musical appearance be? :)
not sure if there will be one. I don't think there are as many community theaters here in Columbus. Maybe someday though. :)
I like this version of "You'll be in my heart" better than the movie version. "Sure as the sun turns to moon" has a nice syncopated triplet feel. Overall, I also like that the character voices have a bit more... personality. Although, I would have enjoyed a bit more complexity in the music (some songs still sound a little too much like a Phil Collins radio edition).
-- James
Well, Andrea, you know I love musicals too. But I don't so much dig the Phil Collins. So that's kind of a downer for me on this show...I do hafta say that I'm both horrified and intrigued by the very fact that they turned Tarzan into a stage musical, though. Though I guess if they can do it with Lion King, they can do this!
I remember trying to get you to check out Kiss Me Kate from the LRC way back when....have you ever picked it up? I'm currently addicted to the revival cast CD with Brian Stokes Mitchell and Marin Mazzie (whom you love from Ragtime, I know!)
Well, Andrea, you know I love musicals too. But I don't so much dig the Phil Collins. So that's kind of a downer for me on this show...I do hafta say that I'm both horrified and intrigued by the very fact that they turned Tarzan into a stage musical, though. Though I guess if they can do it with Lion King, they can do this!
I remember trying to get you to check out Kiss Me Kate from the LRC way back when....have you ever picked it up? I'm currently addicted to the revival cast CD with Brian Stokes Mitchell and Marin Mazzie (whom you love from Ragtime, I know!)
Hmm, double post. That's always nice. Sorry about that. I'd delete if I could but I was lazy and didn't sign in with my blogger account so I can't. Sorry!
I was excited to see they turned "Tarzan" into a musical. Everytime we go to Disney World we see "Tarzan Rocks." And boy is Tarzan hot!!!
I'm dying to see "Wicked" everyone who sees it loves it!
I LOVED wicked! Renee and I took Brett and Tina last June. By the way, if you guys want to come to NY to see either wicked OR Tarzan, or if you want to see Boston, come join the club and visit us out here! We can get great ticket rates, and we'd love the company!
Matt and Renee Memmott
Post a Comment