Thursday, September 25, 2008

Surprise Date!


The other night I was preparing to make dinner when Eddie came in and told me not to worry about it - he would "take care" of dinner. I looked at him and asked, "are you going to make it?" He just smiled and said, "I'll take care of it". He's not one to just swoop right in and "take care" of dinner most of the time so I was a bit suspicious. The poor guy didn't stand a chance, I questioned him until I was red in the face and he finally just pulled some tickets out of his wallet and showed them to me. I read "The Lion King" on the tickets but I was really surprised so it didn't register that the tickets were for that night! Apparently he had bought the tickets a month ago and had been planning this date since then. I thought it was a little fishy when the entire YW presidency said they were "busy" the night of our meeting. Man, He got me good!
What a sweetheart!
So we got all gussied up and went to dinner and then the show. It was SO amazing! You don't really understand just how amazing it is until you see it for yourself. So, if you get the chance to go, GO! Last year we went to see Wicked and this year the Lion King and I am always so impressed with the calibur of the shows. It's amazing and I'm so glad I have a husband who can appreciate a good musical once in awhile - or at least pretend to for my sake. Thanks Eddie, now I gotta figure out what to get you for your birthday! No pressure. :)

12 comments:

Summer said...

Isn't it the best?!!! I was surprised at how emotional it was- so beautiful.

What a sweetie- keeping the secret that long. And getting the YW presidencey in on it- haahh!!

Unknown said...

HAHAHA! I'm so glad that you liked it!
You sounded a bit bitter on Sunday when we were talking about a presidency meeting and the fact that we couldn't do it on Tuesday.... :o)
I'm glad you got over it!
You really have a sweet guy!

Carrie said...

What a fun surprise! We've seen it in Chicago and loved it as well.

Ally said...

How fun! What a spontaneous husband!

Brent and Jenny Colvin said...

Very cool. Good job Eddie! It's fun to get a little caught up on what's going on in your lives. It's been forever!

Yvonne said...

What a sweet hubby you have! Sounds like lots of fun! :)

Sheila said...

How fun! We went in Phoenix and I thought it was great! How sweet!

Emily said...

What a nice guy! Glad you guys had a great time. I bought tickets for Wicked in March...I'm trying to convince Matt that it will be worth it, but I'm excited!

Britney said...

What a great surprise! It looks like you two are maybe starting a fun broadway-going tradition. :) What'll it be next year??

Denise said...

That's awesome! James surprised me with Phantom of the Opera (!!) tickets a couple weeks ago, and it was fantastic. They ARE bringing Lion King here in a couple months... hmmmmm.

Matt said...

Way to go, Eddie!

Lisa said...

Yup we were in on it! I'm surprised you weren't suspicious when we all started canceling. I was hoping that you were going to the Lion King when Eddie told me he was planning a date for you guys! Glad you had a great time! What a sweet husband!