Monday, August 31, 2009

Louisville, KY (loo-uh-vole)

A few weeks ago Eddie was in Cincinnati for training so we decided to meet up there and then drive a couple of hours further to Louisville, KY for a little vacation. It was a lot of fun. We got really lucky with the room they gave us at the hotel. It was a handicapped access room so it was HUGE! The bathroom could've fit 2 pack-n-plays with room to spare. It was awesome!
Louisville is a nice city. It reminded me a lot of Columbus only there are actually hills there. We had a great time - here are a few of the things we did:

The highlight of our trip was going to the Louisville Slugger museum and factory. We took a tour and each of us got a mini bat to take home as a souvenir. It was a lot of fun.


Thomas especially liked it when his daddy showed him how to swing the bat in the kids t-ball area. He was so excited!

This is the largest baseball bat in the world. It's taller than the building!

My boys in front of the huge bat.

There's an area inside the museum where you can get your picture taken with a bat that had been used in a game. I think the bat we're pictured with here is either from Mickey Mantle or Lou Gehrig (sp?). I don't remember...Eddie would be so disappointed in me. ;)


My boys with their mini bats standing next to a mannequin of Ken Griffey Jr.

This is the field for Louisville's minor league baseball team. It's right by the freeway so I snapped a shot.
Just a view of the city from one of the many bridges.
We also went on a riverboat cruise aboard the "Belle of Louisville". "She" is the oldest running riverboat in the world and boy are they proud of that fact. It was a fun little cruise up and down the Ohio river. Thomas was excited to ride on a boat!

There was a bus full of senior citizen tourists aboard and the woman you can see in the background was in love with Thomas. She and him danced and laughed the whole time. It was really funny! As she was getting off the boat she told him that she would think of him the next time she danced. What a cute old lady!

This little guy was a trooper the whole trip until about 1/2 hour before we got home. That was when both kids decided to start crying and screaming. It was fun.



View of the city from the boat.

We had a great time but if you're planning on going on the riverboat tour...we don't recommend the lunch. You'd be better off eating the concessions. Good times.

7 comments:

Amandean said...

Have you read The DaVinci Code? It mentions how so many structures are basically a giant phallus. If that baseball isn't, I don't know what is! Looks like fun!

Amandean said...

I meant baseball bat. But that looked like a fun vacation.

Anna said...

That looks like so much fun! Your family is so cute.

I had to tell you in case you go there again, that there is this REALLY great Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic Outlet there. I think it is on the KY side. It is like a huge warehouse room with loads of mis-marked or damaged or make up got on it from the dressing room, etc. kinds of clothes. They are dirt cheap too! When I was there they had section that sold winter sweaters 2 for $14 and the jeans were all $10! If I lived closer, I'd be all over that place.

Shay said...

Looks like fun!

Britney said...

What a great family vacation! I've never been to Louisville, but that Slugger museum looks like it'd be worth the trip. Your boys look so cute holding their miniature bats.

Summer said...

What a bunch of cute pictures!

Except for the naughty one- Andrea, how could you.

Other than that though... very cute. If you ever want to try some girls on we can trade for a while. I think it would be fun to have such photogenic little guys around!! What a perfect vacation for a little boy- you guys are his new heroes, huh. ;)

Emily said...

Glad you guys had fun. We've only driven through Louisville, but it looked like a nice place. Jonathan is getting so big! They're both cuties!