This is the big week where we tell everybody that we are expecting baby #4 in April! We wanted to wait until I had my first ultrasound to make sure all looked a-ok with the babe and since the ultrasound was on Friday, here we are. One thing I can deduce from the ultrasound is that we've got another feisty one on the way! I wanted to wait a few more weeks to tell people, but as some of you know, the more kids you have, the harder it is to conceal it physically. I'm already kinda showing and I'd rather have people know that there's a reason that I'm wearing ill-fitting clothes and gaining weight in my mid-region. One of my friends told me this week that I'm "not hiding anything anymore" so I figured now was as good a time as any.
Eddie and I are thrilled to welcome another sweet babe into our family and contrary to popular belief, we don't really care if it's a boy or a girl. We would just be happy to have a healthy baby, regardless of the gender (although I have to admit that having a girl would be nice because it would be different - no more fighting over the same toys, etc.). When we told the boys on Friday night, Henry didn't really know what we were talking about, Jonny immediately started rubbing my belly and saying how excited he was to "have a new baby brudda to hug and to hold", and Thomas, with a huge grin on his face said, "I hope we have a girl! We would be so lucky to have a sister because we've never had one!" It was pretty funny and sweet. I'm glad they all seem to be excited about it.
This pregnancy has been more like a rollercoaster than the others so far. I'll have good days and I'll have not so good days but overall I can't complain. I'm not spending any time hugging the toilet or anything, I just end up super exhausted and feeling sick to my stomach all day. I'm just counting my blessings that at least I can function and still make dinner without throwing up (although some days it's unpleasant to even think about dinner).
So there you have it. That's the news for this week... Don't worry, next week will have more pictures! ;)
12 comments:
Yay! Congratulations!! I can't wait to see who comes :)
Very happy and excited for you!!
And keeping my fingers crossed for a sweet baby girl (although you do have a good recipe for cute boys.)
Congratulations! So happy for this baby to come to such a loving and wonderful family as yours!!
Congratulations:)
A BiG congrats! Here's hoping for a healthy babe!
Not to be THAT guy, but I'm happy to have been told in person. Awww yeah. :) So Excited for McClelland #4. :) And Thomas might have the cutest reaction ever. :)
Congrats, E!
Congratulations! We're happy for you.
Congratulations! Hooray for baby number four!
Congratulations!!! That is wonderful news! (I AM glad I read it!) I am so happy for you and your family.
Don't know how to work a blog, I guess. I am Unknown...Julie Smith
Congrats! I am so excited for you guys. I hope you have many more good days than bad.
Post a Comment