Thursday, January 11, 2007

Holiday Haps

We drove to Virginia on Christmas Day to visit Eddie's family while his brothers were home from school. We had a great time playing games together, watching movies, sleeping in, and eating all kinds of yummy treats.
On my birthday we decided to go visit the National Botanic Garden in D.C. This is a picture of Eddie and I standing in front of the big Christmas tree that had a little train going around it.
(if you look really close you can kinda sorta make out the beginnings of the "baby mac" belly)

Eddie and his bros in the jungle at the gardens.


We ended up puddle jumping across the country. Our flight path: D.C. to Kansas City to Denver to Riverton. It was crazy to say the least. While we were waiting for our flight in the Denver airport, we found a poster that advertised Riverton, Wyoming as "the center of it all". We thought it was great.

The whole Howell family made it home for a few days after Christmas so we had fun playing with the kids and playing with each other
(picture of us at the Riverton Aquatic Center - Everett got us all in free)

We also got to meet Brandon's girlfriend Emily. Isn't she cute?! We approve!

Speaking of cute...Eddie's going to be such a great dad. The kids LOVE him. Taylor couldn't stop staring at him. It was so funny!

Howell Family picture 2007 (it was freezing!)
(back row L to R: Garrett, Brandon, Eddie, Andrea, Kent, Everett)
(front row L to R: Jane & Taylor, Mom, Dad, Austin, Tori & Brayden)

My favorite was playing with Taylor in the Kiddie Pool...I think she had fun too.

We did get some extra gifts from the crew in Riverton...the stomach flu. I think all of us eventually ended up with it including Everett's roommate. Luckily it didn't hit Eddie and I until we made it back to Virginia (that would've been bad news on a plane). I just feel bad that we had to camp out on Eddie's parents' couch during recovery.

We don't have any pictures of the New Year's McClelland family dinner since we were in the other room trying to keep liquids down. We missed out on the fabulous feast...we at least got to partake of some of the leftovers the next day.
Sorry family McClelland...we promise next time we won't be sick!

So, that's our adventure. I'll post some pics later of my growing "baby mac" belly.

(Our ultrasound is scheduled for Feb 9th -
we'll let you know if it'll be baby girl or baby boy mac)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was waiting patiently to hear how the travels went! It was great to see you both while you were here in VA. I can't wait to hear the results of your ultrasound! :)Happy New Year!!!

Anonymous said...

Andrea, I'm glad you could get an updated family picture since I recall taking one for you all several years ago on our memorable trip back to Riverton together! Also did swimming at the world-famous Riverton Aquatic Center remind you of the first time you and Edward met? How romantic. You look great and I love the hair. Also, for name ideas you probably want to avoid anything beginning with "mac," like McDonald. That would just be weird with your last name. Claire is always up for grabs, though I think I noted that before. Good luck with the prego!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, E. I can't see it. You still look hot and skinny as ever to me. I'm really excited to hear the verdict on baby Carla/Donny! Cute family picture!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun trip! (Minus the stomach flu!) That's definitely not fun when you're pregnant. I don't see the belly either, but you look so cute! Can't wait to hear if you're having a boy or girl!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an exciting trip! Its fun to see pics of the Howell family. You look so cute E, and I have to admit, I thought I could detect the teeny tiniest bit of a belly in that first picture, but I was really looking for it! I can't wait for future "baby mac" updates!

Ally said...

Loved the pics and the Howell family updates! You guys are cute as ever, and Kent's little boy is a spitting image of him!