Friday, February 02, 2007

Perks

One of the perks of my job is helping to maintain the library of books in the Governor's mansion with the librarian, Barb. Yesterday was my first day setting up a display in the mansion...we went and set up a display I created about Black History Month. It highlights some black Ohioans who have significantly influenced the world. It was so fun! I love doing stuff like that.

Anyway, while we were setting it up, the first lady of Ohio, Frances Strickland, came walking down the stairs. She came in and introduced herself, complimented us on the display (I was thrilled) and proceeded to spend about 15 minutes talking to us about various things. It was great! She was so down to earth and she had the greatest southern accent (she grew up in Kentucky). So, I thought I'd share my story and a few pics just to brag about my encounter...I guess it's not that unusual that we ran into her...we were in her house after all.


This is a picture of Frances I found online...doesn't she look like a nice lady?

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Dang, E! You're famous!

Shay said...

E, that's awesome! How fun! By the way, I love the picture on the side of you and Eddie. It's cute.