Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Out of it

Hey, sorry we've been MIA in the blogosphere for so long. Those holidays always throw us for a loop and keep us hoppin'. First we hired my brother, Garrett to paint my kitchen cabinets (I'll post pics once we get the wall painted). I am so excited that my kitchen area is almost done! My mom helped me sew some window treatments on Christmas to go with the new color scheme so I'll include pics of that as well as soon as they're all installed. So, the cabinets took about 4 days and then my parents came to town for 9 days to spend Christmas with us, the day after they left was my birthday (which was awesome: Eddie surprised me with shopping and dinner- it was so fun). Two days after that we went to D.C. with my brother Garrett and his family to visit Eddie's family and friends so we've been on the go for a while now. Seeing as how there are too many pictures to share, I'll just post a few from the different festivities.

Grandpa fell asleep on the couch so we seized the opportunity for a photo op. :)

Christmas day
Grandma & Grandpa havin' fun with the chitlins.

The DC temple at Christmastime - so pretty!


The amazing birthday cake Eddie's mom made for me...mmmm... it was scrumptious! Don't pay attention to all those candles. :)

6 comments:

Amandean said...

So you are 18, huh? Again? I dunno if you can pull that off, sweetheart.

Summer said...

Happy 18! I had no idea... haha! I'm liking that idea, maybe I'll be 18 next round.

I'm excited for your new house pics, I love real estate makeovers! (A little more when they're on my real estate, but living vicariously seems to do the trick. ;D)

Britney said...

Happy belated birthday!

We've missed you in the blogosphere, but are glad that you've been busy having so much fun. :)

Jenilee said...

Happy very, very late Birthday. Sounds like you had a fun holiday season. Re-doing your kitchen, how fun. Can't wait for the pictures.

Margot said...

I love the look on your face in that last picture.

Shay said...

I'm so glad you got to have your parents for Christmas! Looks like you guys have been busy and having fun!