Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkey day

We had a great time for Thanksgiving this year.  I actually hosted for the first time in my life and it went surprisingly smoothly.  Don't get me wrong, it took a lot of planning and preparation for it to go so smoothly, but it went well.

The set table.  My sister in law Emily and I did the decorations and the napkins.  You can't really tell, but those little pilgrim hats were the name plates.  Just little upside-down terra-cotta pots.  I think they turned out super cute!
I'm pretty proud of how my turkey turned out.  Isn't it beautiful?!  It was quite tasty too!
My amazing sisters in law and I provided the food.
For food we had: (l to r) lyonnaise carrots (Emily), green bean casserole (Tori), yams and apples (Jane/Garrett)...
(cont. from l to r) raspberry pretzel salad (Tori), mashed potatoes (me/Brandon), turkey (Jane/me), cranberry sauce, gravy (me), cran-raspberry jello (Tori)...
(cont.) sausage craisin dressing, and mushroom artichoke parmesan dressing (both by Tori).  Drinks provided by Garrett and Jane.  I didn't get a picture of the pies but we had:  2 pumpkin (Jane/me), chocolate cream (Tori), lemon merengue (Garrett), apple (Brandon).  It was quite the feast!
We invited the Missionaries from our church to join us and a guy named Frank who has just recently started coming to church.  Frank is from Ghana and this was only his 3rd time eating American food.  He LOVED it!
(from left to rt.) Eddie, me, Kent, Tori, Kayla, Emily, Brandon, Jane, Mason, Garrett, Frank, Elder Allred, (Elder Savage was taking the picture).
Thanksgiving isn't complete without the kiddie table.  We made some great Thanksgiving memories this year!  I'm so thankful for my family and that everyone in my family are such great cooks!

5 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

Wowza! You guys went all out!
Everything looks delish!

Marsie Pants said...

Way to go! The only thing I don't like about hosting Thanksgiving is the ratio of time it takes to MAKE everything to the time it takes to EAT everything. It's always slightly depressing to me. But way to go! That looks like it was a lot of hard work!

Jenilee said...

What a beautiful Thanksgiving meal. There is nothing better than having family around to enjoy it with.

Karen Melander said...

That looks like a fun party. Remember all the Thanksgivings we shared...I miss those days. Your kids are so cute!

Erika Wittorf Site said...

I'm invited next year, right?