Sunday, May 08, 2011

So Handsome and Happy Mother's Day!

We took some pictures before church today.  The boys all got matching ties for Easter and we didn't get a chance to take pictures on Easter so here they are a few weeks later.


Can you tell I tied Jonathan's tie while he was sitting on the couch this morning?  Eddie and I had a good chuckle over  how long it was.  Don't worry, I re-tied it before we left for church.


My super cute boys.  Can you believe Jonathan will be 2 next week?!  My how time flies.  We will be celebrating by moving his bed into Thomas' room.  Let the party begin!


We did take pictures with me as well (since it IS mother's day) but they aren't extremely flattering and sorry about the less-than-genuine smiles on all of our faces.  

Speaking of Mother's Day, mine was AWESOME!  I woke up to a kiss on the cheek and "happy mother's day!" from Thomas and a very enthusiastic "happy mas day" from Jonathan.  When I came downstairs there was breakfast cooking, flowers on the table, an adorable homemade card from the boys, and a sweet card from my sweetheart.  What a great way to start the day!  There were 2 things that made this day extra awesome - for the first time in a very long time, Eddie didn't have any meetings before church so he stayed home and helped entertain/get the boys ready for church.  And the second thing is that it didn't rain at all today!  For those of you who don't know, we have only had 2 non-raining days this whole month so far and today was one of them.  I think it was the Lord's gift to the moms in our area.  We decided to eat our dinner on the back patio and it was heavenly!  I told Eddie I wanted grilled burgers for dinner with oven roasted potatoes and corn on the cob but I also told him I was fine with cooking it if he would do all the clean up afterward.  That's what I call a good deal!  I hate the cleaning up part.  We topped it all off with ice cream cones in the backyard.

It was a glorious day!  One that I will not soon forget thanks to my sweet husband and super cute and fun boys.  I LOVE being a Mama!  Some days are so much harder than others, but every day I feel so blessed to have the family that I do.

I also want to give a shout out to my wonderful mother who has taught me so much about being a mother - it's actually scary how much I am becoming like her - but I wouldn't have it any other way!  She is now and has always been amazing!




I also have to give a shout out to my sweet husband's mother too.  Man, I lucked out in the in-law department.  She is awesome and obviously did and is still doing a great job as a mother - my husband is living proof!

3 comments:

Emily said...

So cute!!! We love all the pictures, especially the long tie pic!

Happy Mothers Day, Andrea!!

Amandean said...

Cute fam, and you are adorable. And thank you for easing my mind about the long tie. I WAS worried for a second there.

Laura said...

E- Wow, I didn't even know you were pregnant! Congratulations--you look great! Yes, I agree about all this rain--enough already!

We really need to get together sometime. What side of Columbus are you guys on? We're an hour West of the temple...probably not crazy far from you...?

Anyway, I'm so happy to hear about your upcoming little man--congrats!