Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Return

Well, I've decided to come back to the world of blogging.  I've noticed that I'm not one to share much on Facebook or any other medium for that matter and as a result, no one knows what is going on with us!  So, this is my new effort to keep everyone posted on our comings and goings and doings.  The goal is to post weekly so that we don't have to play catch up on several weeks worth of stuff.  So, wish me luck!

The past two weeks we have been doing swimming lessons for all the boys.  They have loved it!  Thomas is now able to jump off the diving board by himself and swim to the side without any assistance.  He has become a little fish!  I just wish we lived closer to the pool.  Oh well, we'll have to make do with the bathtub or the wading pool in the backyard.

Jonny loved his lessons but he's still afraid to put his face in the water.  We've decided to work more with him for the rest of the summer to get him at least comfortable with holding his breath under water.  We'll see how it goes.


Henry has no problem blowing bubbles in the water but he will not lay on his back.  He fights it and screams and thrashes.  Looks like we've got something else to work on there.

Also, just yesterday we took the training wheels off of Thomas' bike and started teaching him how to ride it and believe it or not, he rocked it!  He had no problem riding all the way to the park from our house (about 1/4 mile) on the bike path.  He is so excited to ride again.  I think we've just created a bike enthusiast.  We'll have to go on more family bike rides!


We are truly grateful for how much the Lord has blessed us.


3 comments:

Summer said...

Look how big they've gotten! That video made me giggle. ;D Pretty great for his first try!! Good to see you guys!

Kalyn Denny said...

I subscribe to your blog, so I love it when you post pics of the kids here. xoxo

Janet Howell said...

Thanks for the link! You have three adorable, amazing boys! How fun to see them in the pool. Jonnys smile is contagious :)
Sure love ya and look forward to checking on what is happening with your family! Thanks again for the effort :)