A big thanks to our friends, the Higginsons, who watched our boys for us while we were gone for a really long time! And here are a few pics of the concert:
We thought we'd be the old people in the crowd but it turns out there were several people there with their teenage kids. So we felt young after all! The only downside to a concert like that is that even though the music is clean and enjoyable, unfortunately, the crowd isn't. Oh well, they put on a great show and that was what we wanted to see so no complaints here.
Obviously the concert was the highlight but there were some other goings on with the kids too. I took them to a fruit farm that is a little ways down the road from us and we picked up some delicious, plump, juicy peaches, fresh tomatoes, corn, green beans, and some peach cider (which Eddie is now addicted to). I LOVE this time of year. I can't get enough of those peaches! Peaches and cream is probably one of my very favorite treats and guilty pleasure. Mmmm...I can taste it right now.
Something else worthy of note...Henry has become our very own Linus. He carries his blanky(s) and his "baby" (stuffed lion). He has about 5 flannel baby blankets that we've used on him since he was born and he has become very attached to them. If it gets overly quiet in the house, I can usually find him cuddled up with his blanky and baby on the floor somewhere. It is seriously the cutest thing! In this picture he wanted to wear his blanky so he wouldn't drop it. This kid keeps getting cuter and cuter!
Later in the week I took the kids to the Graeter's ice cream factory which also happens to have a fairly large play area. The boys absolutely loved it! We spent almost 2 hours there and they were begging to stay when I told them it was time to go. So I have to say something about Graeter's that will probably make me a lot of enemies but I don't care, it has to be said - I don't get all the hype about it. For those of you not familiar with Graeter's ice cream, it is practically a religion here - everyone LOVES it! I must say that I think it's overpriced, over-rated and, in my book, mediocre. Let's just say, I've had a lot better ice cream at other places. Just sayin'.
Moving on, even though doing this blog takes time, I'm really glad I started it up again. It has made me appreciate all the little things that make my life amazing from week to week. I am one lucky girl!

5 comments:
Yes you are very blessed and also a huge blessing to so many!,, me being at the top of the latter list :) I totally agree that Henry is getting cuter every minute! I didn't even think that was possible! What a kid. Kisses all around. Love ya
I love that you are blogging again.
I am so glad you are blogging again. It makes me want to start again as well. I love getting the update on your family.
If I have never heard of The Killers, does that mean I am just incredibly old.
Yes, Henry is adorable!
Post a Comment