Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Is it just me...

...or is January the longest month of the year? I hate January. (no offense to those whose birthdays are in January-it's nothing personal, I promise).

9 comments:

Margot said...

It's the longest month. By far. August comes a close second, but I will take a blisteringly hot August over a frozen-wasteland January any day. I think I have such strong feelings because I realized today that (due in part to illness) my boys hadn't been outside the house in a week and a half, it's simply been too cold. Now that's just sad.

Angee said...

Amen. With February a close 2nd...

Lora said...

I feel the same way and it is worse when the weather fools you with days over 40 and then slams you with the biggest snow storm of the year. Thankfully we haven't recieved that yet, but I have a feeling it is about to go down.

Marsie Pants said...

I know what would have made it better...an 80s music video party. Oh well. Next month.

Summer said...

You are not alone. January needs to end. Now.

-Laura- said...

Definitely. I was just thinking to myself yesterday, "It's STILL January?" Bring on February!

Karen Melander said...

Yep its the longest....especially in Alaska. I want to see the sun SO BAD!! That is funny that you post that on Kent's B-day. HA! HA!

Amandean said...

I must disagree. You remember last February? In spite of being the shortest month of any year, it was so cold and gloomy that it felt longer than any other month.

Jenilee said...

I totally agree, except that the past week or so there have been some good days (temps in the high 30s) that we actually get outside. It is sad when a good day is temp. barely above freezing.