Monday, January 18, 2010

Projects

It seems that since we've moved into our house there are always projects going on. If you know me well, you know that I'm not happy unless there's a project to work on. Let's just say, some of the projects have made me happier than others.

I made each of my boys a sock monkey. I gave Thomas his monkey last Christmas and Jonathan got his this Christmas. I love this picture. Thomas is actually saying cheese (for some reason he always furrows his brow when he says it so it looks like he's angry) and Jonathan is sucking on the monkey's ear. Pretty typical.

One of the big house projects has been re-doing the master bedroom. If you've ever been in my house you know just how big that room is and what a pain it is to paint. But I'm happy to say we FINALLY finished it!

We let Thomas paint the wall really pretty before we painted over it with the new paint.

He was really excited about it!

Here are the finished closet doors and walls.

A view of the room from the doorway. (I made the curtains too)

A diagonal view from the doorway. We went with a maroonish red and a tan color. We are pleased with how it turned out. (I wish we could afford bedroom furniture to make it complete, but that'll have to come in the future when we're not buying diapers for two kids!)

I've also been trying to get more pictures on the walls. I've been getting great deals on frames and I finally got the guts to hang them. Eddie was wondering when the pile of frames would ever make it on the wall. So I bit the bullet and just decided to do it one day. These are hung in our stairwell.

Also, as part of the bedroom face-lift, I made myself a jewelry hanger. I don't have a jewelry box (I don't have enough jewelry to merit a whole box) and I was sick of my necklaces getting all tangled up so I concocted this little beauty for $3. Not bad eh?

And finally, our hall closet. We love that we have this storage space but when we moved in it didn't have shelves so everything was just piled up in there. We hired our handyman neighbor to make these built-in shelves and then we painted the whole thing. Oh my goodness, what an improvement! We LOVE it!

11 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

You've been a busy girl!!
I love your room! It feels cozy :)

Can't wait to see what else you'll come up with :)

Marsie Pants said...

You kinda make me ill. You're way too productive.

Amandean said...

I agree with both of them. That all looks great!

Claire said...

Looks awesome. Also: you are waaaaay more domestic than I will ever be!

Angee said...

Yes, yes, way too productive. But you're hired. When can you start? Utah is lovely with the snow right now...

Andrea said...

Thank you everyone. I didn't post these pics to get compliments (though they are welcome anytime). :-) And secondly, all of you are so talented in ways I could never be so I guess it all evens out right? Although, all those whose homes I've seen have done great jobs as well so I don't know what you're talking about! And I'm sure those of you whose homes I haven't seen are equally awesome.

Jenilee said...

Your bedroom looks so nice. Our master bedroom still has blocks of diff. colors of paint. We can't decide.
The frames and pictures look great. I love the way pictures on the wall change the way a home feels.

Karen said...

Great job, Andrea! It all looks awesome. I wish I could decide what to do with my master bedroom.

The McClelland Family said...

Wow, everything looks great! That was quite an accomplishment when you have small children--takes a lot longer.

Shay said...

Wow, E! you're so talented! And even more impressive is that you accomplished all that with two little ones underfoot. What's your secret?

The pictures of the boys are so cute!

TracieG said...

Great work, Andrea!